Annually, Sanoma supports carefully selected partners with donations to strengthen its positive impact on society and local communities, and reinforce the Sanoma brand. These partners can be international, national and local organisations or activities that represent values important to Sanoma.
Sanoma’s Annual General Meeting decides the amount of our non-profit donations and authorises the Board of Directors to decide on the contributions. Consistent with our ethical standards, we are transparent about our contributions and do not make donations to political or religious movements or representatives nor to purposes that are unethical or illegal. We comply with applicable laws and regulations in making donations and ensure that there is no misuse or corrupt purposes.
Our donations 2020
Corona -related donations
- Donation to support fund for artists through The Finnish Music Foundation / Musiikinedistämissäätiö (e.g. performing artists, song writers, composers), 342,500 euros
Climate change and environment
- Donations to Climate Leadership Coalition and Nature and Game management Trust Finland, 20,000 euros
Arts and culture
- Donation to World Press Photo exhibition in Helsinki, 15,000 euros
Projects promoting freedom of speech and media education
- Donation to European Publishers Council e.g. Supporting and developing the field of research and practices concerning media education, contributing to the public debate and providing opportunities to share media education experiences, 30,000 euros
Youth’s social wellbeing and preventing exclusion
- Donation to Helsinki Deaconess Foundation, Vamosproject, 30,000 euros