Sanoma Corporation, Press Release, 18 March 2020 at 13:00 EET
Sanoma announces precautionary measures for AGM on 25 March 2020
To decrease the risk of spread of coronavirus, Sanoma Corporation has decided to take a series of precautionary measures for the Annual General Meeting to be held on 25 March at 14 EET at Marina Congress Center in Helsinki.
The measures are:
- All shareholders are strongly encouraged to follow the AGM through a live webcast and exercise their voting rights by proxy representation. We recommend this in particular to everyone who are especially vulnerable to the virus or have travelled outside Finland 14 days prior to the AGM. Anyone with flu symptoms or who has been exposed to the coronavirus is kindly requested not to attend the AGM in person. Due to the restrictions imposed by Finnish authorities, the number of participants allowed to attend the event at Marina Congress Center could be limited.
- The meeting and all presentations, including the CEO’s review, are kept short and in line with minimal requirements
- The participation of members of the Board of Directors and Executive Management Team is limited to the minimum
- The proposed new, foreign members of the Board will be presented via pre-recorded video
- At the event, no coffee or refreshments will be served and no product giveaways will be shared
- In the venue, there will be additional space between seats. Hand sanitisers will be available and close attention to overall cleanliness and hygiene will be paid. For questions, only standing microphones will be available.
More information and instructions on following the AGM via webcast and authorising another person by proxy is available on the company website https://sanoma.com/investors/corporate-governance/annual-general-meeting/.
Sanoma monitors the development of the coronavirus daily, follows the recommendations and decisions by Finnish authorities and will update the measures described above if needed.
Kaisa Uurasmaa, Head of Investor Relations and CSR, tel. +358 40 560 5601
Sanoma is a front running learning and media company impacting the lives of millions every day. We enable teachers to excel at developing the talents of every child, provide consumers with engaging content, and offer unique marketing solutions to business partners.
Today, we have operations in ten countries including Finland, the Netherlands and Poland. Our net sales totalled EUR 900 million and we employed approx. 3,500 professionals in 2019. Sanoma shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. More information is available at www.sanoma.com.