Sanoma Kaupunkilehdet acquires Nöjesguiden
Sanoma Kaupunkilehdet Oy (Sanoma Free Sheets) has acquired the Nöjesguiden sheet from Medianorth Group Oy. Nöjesguiden is distributed once a month from over 350 points in Helsinki, Turku and Tampere. Its distribution is 80,000 copies.
Nöjesguiden is part of a chain with publications in Sweden (Nöjesguiden) and Norway (Natt&Dag). The deal made by Sanoma Kaupunkilehdet Oy covers the sheet published in Finland and its internet operations.
- Nöjesguiden will make a good complement to our product family for free sheets. It adds to our product range for young and active urban people, and gives us a new chance to inform on events and make use of the Internet, says Niko Ruokosuo, President of Sanoma Kaupunkilehdet Oy.
Through Nöjesguiden, Sanoma Kaupunkilehdet can offer the advertisers even better coverage, different distribution channels, and demographic targeting.
As of September, Janne Kaijärvi will start as Senior Editor-in-Chief for Nöjesguiden. He is senior editor-in-chief for Uutislehti 100 and Kaupunkilehti Kymppi as well.
- Our purpose is to make Nöjesguiden the most popular publication in its target group within the next few years. This requires, above all, focusing on the content. Nöjesguiden fits very well in our shared editorial office, says Kaijärvi.
- In recent years, Nöjesguiden has become a strong player in the young reader market. The deal will further strengthen its position and ensure excellent opportunities for growth. I consider the deal a natural part of development in the Medianorth Group, says Timo Saini, Chairman of the Medianorth Group board.
- Nöjesguiden will open us a new door to the young reader market, which is a part of the free sheet market. We are determined to further develop our position among young media consumers, says Mikael Pentikäinen, President of Sanoma.
- According to TNS Gallup, Sanoma's papers reach today 68 percent of the age group 20 to 29 in the Uusimaa region; 61 percent a year before. The good development is mainly due to our improved range of free sheets, which will be developed further, continues Pentikäinen.
Nöjesguiden's personnel will continue with the new employer.