Annual General Meeting of 21 March 2017
The Annual General Meeting of Sanoma Corporation was held on Tuesday, 21 March 2017 at the at Scandic Park Helsinki (Mannerheimintie 46, 00260 Helsinki, Finland).
Minutes of the meeting and appendices
Minutes of the meeting will be updated here later.
Important dates and times
- Registration for the AGM will begin on 7 February 2017 at 9:00 (CET+1)
- The record date of the AGM is 9 March 2017
- Registration for the AGM must be received by Sanoma no later than 15 March 2017 16:00 Finnish time (CET+1)
- The AGM will be held on Tuesday 21 March 2017 starting at 14:00 Finnish time (CET+1), at Scandic Park Helsinki ‑ the reception will start at 13:00 Finnish time (CET+1)
- The record date of the dividend payment is 23 March 2017
- In Finland, the dividend will be paid on 30 March 2017
Notice of the meeting and advance materials
Proposals by the Board of Directors to the AGM:
Description of the register file
In the registration procedure to the AGM of Sanoma Corporation, personal data of the shareholders is collected, such as the personal identity code and the number of the book-entry account. The information will not be used for any other purposes than for identifying the shareholder and for confirming the share ownership. The technical provider of the registration system is Euroclear Finland Ltd.
The General Meeting is Sanoma’s highest decision-making body, convening at least once a year in accordance with the Sanoma Articles of Association.
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is held by the end of June each year and it handles the matters that fall under its authority according to the Finnish Companies Act as well as any matters proposed to a General Meeting. Extraordinary General Meetings are convened to handle specific matters proposed to a General Meeting.
According to the Finnish Companies Act, e.g. the following matters are subject to the decision-making power of a General Meeting:
- amendments to the Articles of Association;
- increases or decreases in share capital;
- issues of shares or other rights entitling to shares;
- acquisition of own shares;
- decisions on the number, election and remuneration of Directors;
- adoption of the financial statements;
- distribution of profits / allocation of losses.
Shareholders’ right to have matters dealt with by the General Meeting
According to the Finnish Companies Act, a shareholder may also request that his or her proposal to be handled at the next General Meeting. Such a request shall be made in writing to the company’s Board of Directors and the proposed matters shall fall within the competence of the General Meetings according to the Finnish Companies Act.
Sanoma organises the Annual General Meeting on 21 March 2017 in Helsinki. If a shareholder requests a proposal to be included on the agenda of the General Meeting, he or she should have notifed the Board of Directors by 10 January 2017.
Request can be emailed to email@example.com or sent to Sanoma Corporation, Group Legal Affairs, P.O.Box 60, 00089 Sanoma.